Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Vegan Corner



I know it's been awhile since I posted anything remotely close to food, but life happens! Although I have been extremely busy, I always find time for the best of the best... Jesus! He has been busy advising me into taking more time alone with Him. And so I have agreed to obey! I have claimed a nice little spot in my backyard under this great, old, massive oak tree, and have made it my place of "worship." As I continue to press on with my quiet time, the Holy Spirit has been instructing me on my eating habits, and steering me towards a more raw diet.

In the midst of my quiet time the Lord has been teaching me more about "His flow" and instructing me on less participation of the "worlds flow". It was during this time that I discovered the awesome vegan website ohsheglows.com. Angela is such a gifted blogger, and an amazing vegan cook. She and her husband are both vegans, and she incorporates an incredible selection of raw foods. While her recipes are incredibly delicious, they're simple, filling and very easy to make. Some recipes can be prepared ahead of time, freeze them, and pull them out when you need them.

This was my breakfast today, after my workout at the gym. If you an an early morning eater then by all means you can certainly have this even before your workout, I chose to have it after because I am not an early morning eater. First thing in the morning I make myself a Green smoothie, and an hour later a cup of either Green tea, or Camomile tea.

Note: For energy and strength, remember to eat some protein and some carbs before your workout. Nick English wrote a great article about the "12 Complete Vegetarian Proteins."

Go to www.http://greatist.com/health/complete-vegetarian-proteins to read up on the variety of proteins we can all benefit from.

Although this here is somewhat my creation, I did get to use some of the dinner leftovers from Angela's recipe for the Ultimate Green Taco Wraps with Lentil-Walnut Taco Meat. What an amazing dish!

This deliciousness consists of:

1 slice of toasted Ezequiel bread.
3 Tbsp of the Lentil-Walnut Taco Meat (vegan + Gluten-Free from Oh She Glows).
A generous helping of the sauteed red, green peppers & onions.
Avocado slices (as many as you can fit on the slice of Ezequiel bread).
A sprinkle of some Hemp seeds, Chia seeds, and ground Flax seeds.
1 Tbsp (or two) of Angela's Homemade Vegan Sour Cream. YUM!
Fresh fruit of your choice.

Because all the fruit I had at hand was a couple of bananas and a bowlful of grapes, I chose the grapes simply because I really didn't want anything sweet to take my taste buds away form the savoriness of the Lentil-Walnut Taco Meat. But you can have whatever fruit you have at hand, or skip the fruit all together if you prefer.

I wasn't too sure what to call this, and after much thought I decided to call this creation, My Vegan Deliciousness!

My beverage was a delicious and refreshing concoction of:

8 oz of bottled water
2 Tbsp of 100% Organic Maple Syrup Grade A
A dash or pinch of Cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice

I also use this concoction when I am detoxifying in conjunction with a colon cleanser from WholeFoods. This is something I do once every 3 to 4 months, just to keep my "pipes" clean and healthy.

So there you have it my friends... a delicious after workout vegan breakfast! Simple, filling, healthy, easy and yummy!

Now you all can head over to Oh She Glows, and checkout what Angela's up to. I guarantee you she's up to something really good! Have fun!

Blessings,

In His grace,
Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment