Monday, June 30, 2014

My Thank-You Prayer



                                                         My Thank-You Prayer

                                                        When I lay down at night
                                                        Wondering what to pray,
                                                     I try to thank the Lord above
                                                   For whatever happened that day.
                                                        It could be a simple thing,
                                                           A bud upon a flower
                                                   Or perhaps some time to think,
                                                          A peaceful, quiet hour.
                                                 It might be that our humble home,
                                                         Small though it may be,
                                                   Was filled with joy and laughter
                                                            For everyone to see.
                                                            If it was unpleasant,
                                                            I thank Him anyway
                                                       For all the lessons learned
                                                             On that fateful day.
                                                     And when I'm done that night
                                                       With my thank-you prayer,
                                                  My heart is filled to overflowing
                                                    With all the love He shared.

                                                    Poem by:  Rebecca Sweeney



"I thank You for You answered me;
     You have been my Savior."
               Psalm 118:21

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
2 Corinthians 13:14

Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment